- Start: Saturday 05 May 2018 @ 10:00 Please allow sufficient preparation time so we can depart promptly.
- Distance: 11.5 km (7 miles).
- Route Type: Loop, this is a circular route where the walker ends at the start point without retracing any of the route.
- Grade: Moderate
- Some Stiles.
- Snacks: Bring a packed lunch and drink.
- Post Walk Refreshments: Meet at The Royal Oak, Cardington, SY6 7JZ.
- The pub car park is not huge so please car share where feasible. Thank you.
- Dogs on short leads are welcome.
- Everyone under 18 participating in Ramblers walks and other activities must be accompanied by a responsible adult, such as a parent, guardian, teacher or youth worker.
An undulating walk with tremendous views, plus, if weather allows, a climb up and over Caer Caradoc. Mainly tracks with steady climbs, three steep descents, plenty of stiles and a little bog. The stretch of the walk on The Wilderness is exposed so if it is windy it will be cold. Although the walk is a loop, the section on Caer Caradoc is there and back.
Dogs are welcome but this is sheep country and you will frequently need to put your dog on a lead.