Main purpose of the role
- To enable the Ramblers and the Worcester Group to grow by attracting new members.
- An interest in walking and enthusiasm for promoting the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- Effective communication skills and good organisation skills.
- Computer literate, comfortable with the internet and word-processing.
To promote the Worcester Group and its activities to non-members by:
- Identifying a comprehensive list of local media organisations with whom to develop working relationships
- Identifying specific individuals within these organisations responsible for; sympathetic to or interested in Ramblers or countryside issues and developing them as contacts
- Keeping these contacts informed about additional Group activities, such as special walks or events e.g. to send in a club type report to the 'Community' section of the Worcester News; to report the activities of our Working Party; to speak to BBC H&W weekly to get walk details publicised on their What's On programme.
- Arranging interviews using committee members to address specific, relevant matters of public interest.
The requirements of the post are very flexible and will depend upon how much time any individual is able to spare. It is expected that other Group members / teams would be requested to contribute articles and information to be used for informing contacts.
The marketing team at central office is also available for support and advice.