Main purpose of the role
To communicate and promote the work of the Worcester Group to members and the wider public using the dedicated Worcester Ramblers web pages on the national Ramblers website. This will be alongside our own dedicated local website.
- Effective written communication skills, good organisation and the ability to present the work of the Group in clear, jargon free language.
- Creative flair to give the website an attractive look and feel.
- Computer literate, comfortable with the internet and word-processing.
- Image editing skills would be useful although not essential.
- A passion for the walking environment and an affinity with all the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
The editor of the Worcester Ramblers’ web pages on the national website will create and maintain the content ensuring that it remains current, relevant, attractive and presents our Group appropriately. This may include the following.
- Editing the key details for our group, e.g. contact details and activities.
- Adding images to our local webpage to make it appealing and welcoming to visitors (ensure you have permission to use any images before uploading them).
- Editing the summary and description of our group.
- Adding subpages, e.g. for our working party, latest news, contacts.
The aim is to ensure an up to date and welcoming portal to Worcester Ramblers requiring minimal intervention from the webpage editor. It is not the intention to simultaneously update both websites on an ongoing basis. In the event of a workload conflict, Worcester Group website requirements take priority.