Main purpose of the role
To enable the Ramblers and the Worcester Group to grow by attracting new members.
- An interest in walking and enthusiasm for promoting the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- Effective communication skills and good organisation skills.
- Computer literate, comfortable with the internet and word-processing.
- To promote the Worcester Group and its activities to non-members by:
- Identifying a list of local events, fairs, organisations, public
- places (e.g. market places, popular walking locations) etc.
- suitable for deployment of publicity stands and materials
- Scheduling a rolling programme from within this list for the
- Worcester group to attend
- Agreeing participation costs with the committee and sourcing
- volunteers to execute this rolling programme
- Monitoring results and adapting the approach as necessary over time
The marketing team at central office has many resources such as publicity stands, posters and leaflets and is also available for support and advice.