Main purpose of the role
To communicate and promote the activities and work of the Worcester Group to members and the wider public using our dedicated local website.
- Effective written communication skills, good organisation and the ability to present the work of the Group in clear, jargon free language.
- Creative flair to give the website an attractive look and feel.
- Computer literate, comfortable with the internet and word-processing.
- Image editing skills would be useful although not essential.
- A passion for the walking environment and an affinity with all the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- Role holders should be familiar with the requirements within the Data Protection Act and use their best endeavours to satisfy them.
To ensure that Group website content remains attractive, current, relevant and interesting. This may be done by:
- Working closely with the Systems Manager / Webmaster (who is responsible for the website structure and overall look and feel) and other website editors to improve continually the user experience.
- Encouraging contributors to provide material and articles.
- Research and posting of relevant material from external sources (e.g. the national Rambler’s website; local press; other walking groups etc.) which would be of interest to our members.
- Receiving material / articles from contributors and checking for consistency and errors. Contacting contributors and advising if their submission is incomplete, inconsistent or ambiguous.
- Adding images and photographs to make it appealing and welcoming to website visitors (ensuring any permission required is received before uploading).
- Referring to the chairman and / or committee for guidance if uncertain about the suitability of a submission.
Website editors share the workload in a flexible way as a collective unit although individuals may have specific responsibilities for particular tasks.