- Governance / Management / Facilitation
Main purpose of the role
To develop and maintain the Group’s software assets, particularly the web site which is a key communication, publicity and recruitment tool.
- A strong interest in and affinity with IT and technology based systems.
- Effective communication, organisational skills and reliability.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- An interest in walking and enthusiasm for promoting the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- Role holders should be familiar with the requirements within the Data Protection.
- Act and use their best endeavours to satisfy them.
- Work closely with the committee, web editors and the Group to establish the need for technology based improvements.
- Maintain a watching brief on the National Ramblers website developments.
- Attend committee meetings as an officer of the Group.
- For a detailed description of the technical tasks and the effort involved click on Technical Tasks.