Main purpose of the role
- To enable the Ramblers and the Worcester Group to grow by attracting new members.
- An interest in walking and enthusiasm for promoting the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- Effective communication skills and good organisation skills.
- Computer literate, comfortable with the internet and word-processing.
To promote the Worcester group and its activities to non-members. This might include the following.
- Producing publicity / recruitment material about our group e.g. posters, leaflets, displays.
- Arranging the distribution and ‘topping up’ of Group specific materials plus national publicity leaflets (sent annually from central office) in suitable locations.
- Continuously inputting and monitoring our walks programme data in various local media publications e.g. Worcester News; ‘What’s On’ Library edition; Happening - Worcester library publication; All About website.
- Keeping the local media informed about additional Group activities, such as special walks or events e.g. to send in a club type report to the 'Community' section of the Worcester News; to report the activities of the Working Party; to speak to BBC H&W weekly to get walk details publicised on their What's On programme.
- Organising publicity stands at local fairs or public places (e.g. market places, popular walking locations)
- Informing the Worcester Group website editors of local events and information which may be of special interest to members.
- Attendance at committee meetings would be welcomed but not considered compulsory.
The requirements of the post are very flexible and will depend upon how much time any individual is able to spare and other group members / teams could be requested to contribute as necessary.
The marketing team at central office has many resources such as posters and leaflets and is also available for support and advice.