Main purpose of the role
To ensure new or prospective members are given a warm welcome to the Group and are made aware of the opportunities to get involved. To maintain the Group’s membership database
A growing and involved membership is vital for the Ramblers in order to make sure that its charitable work is effective and audible and that the promotion of walking and resources reach an ever widening circle.
- An interest in walking and an affinity with all the charitable aims of the Ramblers.
- A desire to play a part in helping the membership of the Ramblers to grow.
- Good communication skills that will encourage new members to join and existing members to stay.
- Computer literate, comfortable with word-processing and e-mail, and also with basic spreadsheets.
- Must have access to email and willing to receive electronic communications relating to the role.
- Role holders should be familiar with the requirements within the Data Protection Act and use their best endeavours to satisfy them.
- Ensure new members to the Group receive a welcome letter that explains the group’s activity, walks programme, achievements, and opportunities to get involved in the Group.
- Send an information pack to people who enquire about joining the Ramblers including how to join.
- Receive monthly electronic Membership reports from HO.
- Enter new members on database, delete those who have left and edit all others according to the report. Monitor the growth rate of the group looking for trends or patterns and liaise with HO to resolve any issues.
- Monitor walks list for any anomalies and take up with Head Office.
- Maintain a visitor’s database and ensure that people do not walk more than 3 times before joining the Ramblers Association. Any you can not resolve refer to Chairman.
- Look to encourage payment pending and lapsed members to renew their Ramblers Members. Any you can not resolve pass to the Chairman.